THE ONLY GUIDE FOR VAUGHAN ONTARIO POSTAL CODE

The Only Guide for Vaughan Ontario Postal Code

The Only Guide for Vaughan Ontario Postal Code

Blog Article

Some Known Details About Vaughan On


John Lyons died in 1814, and his mills and other property were acquired by William Purdy, that added several enhancements. His children, about their cousin, William Wright, constructed a tannery and grist mill. The Lyons' mill was later on used as a carding and full-'ng mill. A fire in 1828 consumed the new flour mill built by Mr.


After his failure the residential property fell under the hands of David Macdougall & Co. They were unfortunate, the primary structures being ruined by successive fires. In 1820 Henry White constructed a distillery further up the stream. On lot 34, giving in 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, constructed a saw-mill in 1825, which was destroyed by an incendiary fire five years later on, being rebuilt the following year.


The Greatest Guide To Vaughan Ontario Map


It was once again melted and rebuilt, and is still in procedure. On great deal 36, in the same giving in, Barnabas Lyons, a child of John Lyons, previously pointed out, built a sawmill in the year 1839, which was benefited regarding thirty years. Hiram Dexter constructed a saw-mill 011 great deal 37, in the year 1836, which functioned for several years.


On whole lot 41. Mr


Vaughan Ontario To TorontoVaughan Ontario
Rowland Burr, his son, boy one of the most noted mid and factory builders manufacturing facility building contractors early days. C. E. Lawrence developed a saw-mill on lot 42, m 1834, and six years after that built a carding and fulling mill and woollen factory, which he functioned for many years, until his death, after which it transformed hands frequently.


A double-geared saw-mill was put up on lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher up, on the same branch of the stream, stood a distillery constructed by James McDavids in 1844.


Everything about Vaughan Ontario To Toronto


Mr. Langstaff also had an implement factory on an additional small branch of the Don, in the instant neighbourhood. This was constructed in 1850, a steel file factory being afterwards included. On great deal 50, concession 1, a saw-mill was built, in 1842, by a man named Heslop, and benefited numerous years.




In all, there have actually been very first to last twelve saw-mills, seven grist mills, and 3 distilleries, built on the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Town. The settlement of Vaughan was completed concerning thirty-five years after the arrival of he said the leaders. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.


Vaughan Ontario TimeVaughan Ontario
The typical yield per acre of these plants is as complies with: Loss wheat, 15 bushels; springtime wheat, 10 bushels; barley, 18 bushels; oats, 40 bushels; peas, 15 bushels; potatoes, 100 bushels; turnips, 500 bushels; various other origin crops, 500 bushels; hay, ri heaps. Regarding 11,000 acres is still wooded with yearn and wood, that makes the overall area of removed land regarding 56,500 acres.


Not known Facts About Vaughan Ontario Postal Code


Of the population in the last year those of German beginning numbered 993, being primarily the descendants of old settlers from Pennsylvania. In 1881 the live supply of the municipality numbered as complies with: Cattle, 2,952; steeds, 2,481; sheep, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.


Amongst the owners of pureblood cattle are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and sons, and Edwin Langstaff. The metropolitan records of Vaughan, which have not been preserved farther back than 1850, show that in that year the council was arranged under the new regulations which after that carne effective by the election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.


At the very first conference kept in the municipality hall in the 5th giving in, J. W. Wager was chosen reeve and David vaughan on l6a 1s6 Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was picked area staff, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Doorperson, assessors. At a subsequent meeting, Rev. James Cock was designated superintendent of Usual Institutions at an income of 20.


Vaughan Ontario Postal Code Can Be Fun For Everyone


Vaughan OnVaughan Ontario Apartments
Bridgford, J. W. Gamble, Alexander Mitchell and John Lawrie. Mr. Wager held the reeveship without intermission untd 1858, when Mr. D. Bridgford, who had been chosen deputy-reeve every year considering that 1852, succeeded him.


Arnold filled the chair in 1861 and both complying with years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was once more picked reeve, and proceeded to hold the position umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve during the previous year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship dropped to Peter Patterson, and click resources William Hartman and Robert J.


What Does Vaughan Ontario Map Mean?


In this year All. G. J. F. Pearce, that had officiated as town clerk and treasurer for almost 10 years, surrendered, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was designated to prosper him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years. David Boyle was elected reeve in 1872-3, and W. C. Patterson prospered to the office in 1874, and retained it for a number of years.


The primary municipal authorities for 1884 are as complies with: Reeve, T. Porter, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Cook, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; territory clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hill. Mr - Vaughan ON. Lawrence is of U. E. Loyalist beginning

Report this page